Thursday, September 10, 2009

Awesome Buys Volume 1


I can't stop shopping. I'm not even working right now (though I hope to get back into a commercial kitchen by February next year). Shopping for children and shopping for food; two irresistible vices. I made a huge order at Lark and included a present for the little Indian girl that lives in the apartment next door. Rosie Flo's Kitchen colouring book by Roz Streeton is full of lovely pages of food shaped dresses, like corn kernel evening gowns and wedding cake summer numbers. Kids can colour in the dresses and add their own heads, arms and legs to the existing illustrations. It's adorable! And it encourages creative play which is much better for their learning than bloody TV and video games! The hand-drawn style of the illustrations is just beautiful and the book uses both high quality white paper and slightly translucent pages similar to a thick tracing paper. These translucent pages overlay the images on the white page behind to create a clever two or three layer effect. A really beautiful item. I can't wait to give it to my neighbor! I think I'll get some more for Josh's little cousins. Buy it from Lark made.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention - I hope you liked all your purchases. Your blog is lovely!

    Allison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the message! I want to review a few more of the things I bought from your store as well. I'm trying to start a blog network of young mothers. I'm gonna buy somemore stuff from your store as well!

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin lawsuit