Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chili Night!




I love Chili con Carne. It is such a great group dish! Tonight we're having some friends over for it. I know I should use a cheaper cut of meat, but I can't go past a really nice big chunk of beef topside. It is just so tender that it saves me a hell of a lot of prep time, which I don't have much of anymore! And it has to have black beans. Yum. I made a nice light dessert for after as well; Apple and Rosewater Jelly.


Apple and Rosewater Jelly
1 litre sweet clear apple juice
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons rosewater
2 tablespoons or
16 grams powdered gelatin dissolved in 200ml warm water
OR 8 gelatin leaves

1. Warm apple juice on stove and add sugar, stir to disolve
2. Take off heat, add gelatin and rosewater
3. Whisk lightly to ensure thorough mix
4. Pour jelly mixture into lightly oiled mould or bowl through a 
fine sieve to remove any lumps of gelatin.
5. Place jelly in fridge to set overnight. 

1 comment:

 

yasmin lawsuit